Sunday, April 26, 2009

Spring!

Well I haven't posted anything lately and I'm not really sure why. I have been thinking maybe I'd come up with something really creative to write about but... that never happened. So here is what I've been up to since March 26th:
-March 27th- After our snow day, which turned out to a beautiful day that we could have gone to work but I'm glad we didn't, we went up to Rocky Mountain National Park and snowshoed for the only time in CO this winter. After spending a day up there we always wonder why we don't go more often. My teaching partner, Mike, and his wife, Melinda, went with us. Unfortunately their son who was at a birthday party at a skate park broke his wrist while we were on our way back to the car. That night we helped Paul's teaching partner celebrate her 50th birthday. She had been planning on taking part of Earth hour so we turned off the lights and continued talking and drinking in the candlelight.
-April 1st: We finished giving CSAPs, Hurray!
-April 9th: We had our all school musical. The music was great, the attempt to entertain 55 fifth graders in a half a classroom, not in our own building for 1 1/2 hours was not fun at all.
-April 10th: Paul's sister, brother-in-law, and their three kids get here from Indiana. They stayed for about a week. We had a great time hanging out with the kids and them while they were here. Paul's brother was also in town so it was a family reunion of sorts. Here are some pictures:



While they were here we also celebrated Easter, Allison's 3rd birthday and Shaelyn's 2nd birthday. We attempted some family pictures outside on Easter. It was pretty cold but it was good to get everyone together.



-April 16th: Paul's family left for Indy and my family arrived. My brother, Kevin, started toward Colorado at 8:00 Thursday morning but didn't arrive until 5:00 on Friday. They started closing roads once he got to Larimie. My parents came up on Thursday because of the predicted snow so they just hung out at our house while we were at work on Friday.
That is all for now... I'll keep updating tomorrow.

No comments: