Monday, May 25, 2009

The Bolder Boulder

Today was what is becoming a family tradition... the Bolder Boulder. This is my third year running or partly running and walking the Bolder Boulder. The first two years the whole family did it. Since my parents are helping Amanda move it was just Paul and I. Luckily I convinced some people at work to run with me. Thanks Courtney and Haley! :-) Now, I have never been a runner and I don't know if I really want to be BUT I try.
This year Paul signed up for the middle school challenge and there was a training schedule to follow. I thought, "This is exactly what I need..." Well I did a pretty good job following the schedule for the first 4 weeks and then the long hike happened which required a week of rest and then I never got back on the bandwagon or horse or whatever I should have gotten back on. This isn't unusual, this is normally how to "train" for things.
A group of us at work found the perfect "teacher outfit" in a catalog appropriately named Homeroom. We decided that it would be a perfect idea to buy this hideous one piece, denim, pantsuit and to pass it around as our own "Sisterhood of the Travelling Pantsuit". The rules are that you have to wear the pantsuit in different locations, the first was on the beach in Mexico, take a picture and then write a journal entry about it. Now I promised since before our pantsuit arrived that I would run the Bolder Boulder in it. I was trying to back out last night as I thought it might rub and that 6.2 miles is a long way to run uncomfortable but after talking to Courtney it was decided I would try to run the whole way. If need be I would let Courtney wear it part way. Well.... I'm so proud that I was able to run the whole way in our travelling pant suit. It was a little hot but not too much more uncomfortable than just running.

The race went pretty well. Courtney and I ran almost the whole way. And yes we were in the MF wave, I think we should have been in the BAMF wave, HA! It was a good time as usual and since I did not properly train... I won't be able to walk tomorrow. :-)

No comments: