November has not started like I would have hoped. This first full week has been full and not really of very fun things. I started the week with my traditional after Thanksgiving sandwich... leftover turkey with cheddar cheese and cranberry sauce.
I saw the cranberries out at the grocery store and decided it would taste okay with normal turkey instead of leftovers. It was delicious and I've been eating it all week. I knew this past week was going to be a long one. We had a snow day last week when we were suppose to have conferences so we had to make up our conferences when school was in session. I think the snow days have been ill-planned lately. :-) Pretty much we lost almost a full day of work in our classrooms without the kids being there. I had a lot of work planned that I'm now trying to fit in other places and it isn't going so well.
Tuesday was one of those days that everything seemed to go wrong. I told Paul that I was going to make BBQ beef that I make in crockpot. I normally freeze the meat first and then leave it in the crockpot all day. So I took out the frozen meat and I was going to try to cut off the layer off fat. I was in a hurry because I was trying to get it in before I left for work in the morning and I never give myself enough time to get to work on time. Well I ended up cutting my finger. It was bleeding and I still needed to dry my hair and get ready. Kind of a mess...
Well the rest of the day didn't go great. I was trying to get my kids to look at some information on the Internet on my laptop and the website wouldn't open, and my principal came in just to observe, Paul only eats BBQ beef with rolls and the rolls take 3-5 hours to rise OR have to have boiling water under them in the over (we only have one oven rack), and who knows what else that I forgot. I ended up making the rolls but they weren't ready until 9:30 and Paul STILL hasn't had any beef. Wednesday didn't go much better. We had a staff meeting to start our marathon of a day. I had planned on getting my favorite, Extra Hot Pumpkin Spice Latte,
to start off the day right... Well apparently none of the other Starbucks customers knew my plan and the parking lot was full and the drive thru line was out to the street. Needless to say I had to start my day coffee less. I had carefully planned my Wednesday last week knowing I didn't have any plan time and with conferences starting 10 minutes after the kids left I needed to ready and not completely exhausted. Well I used up all my good ideas and was running all day Wednesday. We also had our first quarter assembly in the afternoon. I'm one of those people who don't really love speaking in front of people. So it added some extra stress to my day. Luckily my conferences went great but I didn't get home until 7:30. Oh and I was given a rose plant by one of my parents. What a great surprise.
Thursday was another long day with conferences until 7:15. A couple of things at work made me on the brink of crying all day long. But again my conferences went great.
Phew... well that pretty much sums up my week. Running, running, running... I'm glad I'm done with all that for a while.
2 comments:
I am sorry your week was so stressful. Hopefully you had a relaxing weekend!
There will days and weeks like that, huh! I think we always learn something from "things not going like we planned."
Post a Comment