Friday, June 18, 2010

Fill in the Blank Friday- School


Another Fill in the blank Friday from Lauren at The Little Things We Do. I thought it was especially appropriate.


1. The best thing about being in school was seeing your friends every day.

2. The worst thing about being in school was all those other people were there too. :-) No, having to sit through classes about subjects that didn't seem important or interesting.

3. My favorite subject in school was science. I also really loved psychology.

4. One subject I wish I could have mastered/would like to master is some sort of foreign language. I think that maybe Spanish would have been a better foreign language choice but it is fun to impress people with what little Japanese I still remember. The 5th graders sure love it.

5. I could never get tired of studying well this is a hard one. For the moment I would say history. I'm currently trying to figure out what my kids really need to know about American History until after the American Revolution, but I keep finding more I think they should know. I also am enjoying the History Channel this summer.

6. The most memorable teacher I had was Mr. Palmer, 6th grade. He used to have a lunch time reading group and he would take us (in his OWN car) to lunch (at Wendy's) so we could discuss the book. What a great way to get kids interested. Can you imagine being able to still do that?

7. If I could choose between going to school for the rest of my life or working for the rest of my life, I would definitely choose being a student. I have often joked with Paul that I would love to be a perpetual student. The only problem would be paying for classes. There is so much out there to learn. It would be awesome. Then I'd also be able to buy back-to-school supplies and that is always fun.

No comments: