Monday, September 26, 2011

Miscellany Monday

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

Since I'm playing single parent for the next couple of days I've been spending wasting some time reading blogs and found this on one... so here we go:
     
  • On Friday I lost a necklace, one I lusted over for over a year until I finally got it from Paul.  I even went recycle bin diving in the garage to try and find it.  It's still missing.
  •  
  • I've found that coming home to two little babies does wonders for letting work stuff go.  I forget most all about the troubles of the day when I see their smiley gummy faces.
  •  
  • We are going to try Real Simple's month of meals from the September magazine, but we aren't starting until conferences are over, which is next Friday.
  • Speaking of conferences we have them every night (except Friday) for the next two weeks.  Luckily it is only from 4-6 pm and you can leave when you're done for the day.  But I have the largest class in the school.
  •  
  • Conferences for so long makes my most stressful part of the year 3x as long.  And our district decided to do them so early so they are "data" conferences but I'm not so sure all parents are going to be okay with the lack of current grades.  (And even though its mid-term, its 1st quarter mid-term, which means I don't have a whole lot of grades yet.)
  • Yesterday we Skyped with Aunt Amanda and she entertained S and E for about 15 minutes.  Next time we need a break we're just going to Skype her.  :-)
  • Since when has Skyped become a verb?  Should I still capitalize it? 
There you go... a bunch of random thoughts. 


1 comment:

Amanda said...

I love entertaining and would gladly do it every day if I had time!

I thought about doing the Real Simple meals and then decided I might just try out different recipes. I have been pretty good about trying out one or two new recipes every week, so far most of them have been pretty tasty.