Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Acupuncture

So I have started going to acupuncture. I'm willing to see what the world of alternative medicine has to offer but Paul isn't so sure. It is a very interesting experience. I leave wishing I could just go home and continue being relaxed while laying in bed. It is interesting because my acupuncturist always gives me tidbits that she prefaces with, "Now I know this sounds like some weird Chinese medicine but... " But what the heck, why not try it. The worst that could happen is nothing and the best is that it works. So hear is what I've learned so far:
1. I have "weak kidneys" (not sure what weak kidneys mean but it is diagnosed by these symptoms: low back pain, knee pain, and fatigue. I also think that allergies are one of the symptoms) I didn't get any advice on what else to do about this other than continue the acupuncture
2. I have a "low internal flame"- My understanding of this means that my body is cold. Which is true most of the time. In order to get my flame warmer I need to eat warmer foods and drink warmer drinks. That is easy enough especially when it is snowing in May. :-) She also recommended Chi Tea because ginger and cinnamon is also good. So I will be trying to drink Chi Tea, which I have found that I do like Chi Tea Lattes when they have more than half milk (so they aren't so sweet). I haven't bought any plain Chi tea to try out yet. Normally I find that they're too spicy (with ginger and cinnamon I guess).

1 comment:

Amanda said...

If you find out how to treat you kidneys let me know, it sounds like I might have that issue also.
To heat up your flame are you supposed to eat warm as in temp. or as in spicy foods? I feel like I eat a good amount of both, maybe I need to increase my chai drinking!