Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Dear Emily,

This week you turned two!  I can't believe that you are already two and then at the same time it seems like you've been here my whole life.

You are a burst of energy.  As Nana puts it you have two speeds... running and sleeping.  You do run pretty much everywhere.  You are busy busy.  You love to jump.  You jump on the couch, you jump off the couch, you jump in circles, you jump on me, you jump off of the tubs, you just love to jump.  I don't think gymnastics is helping to get rid of your love of jumping.  You are starting to sit still for longer periods of time.  If you watch Sesame Street or some other TV show you will sit and watch for 10 or 15 minutes.  You also will slow down to read, color and play with blocks.  Speaking of coloring you want to color anytime you see paper.  You are doing a really good job of holding your pencil too.  This teacher mama is proud.  You slowly are becoming more interested in babies too.  You now carry them around and push them in the shopping cart.  I've seen you try to dress them lately too.  You also love the balls and blocks but not quite as much as your brother does.  You are starting to say more and more words.  You repeat some of what we say but not everything.  Sometimes it is a little hard to figure out what you want.

Along with your massive amounts of energy is a huge personality.  You often will enthusiastically wave at random people or things.  You want what you want and you WILL throw a fit to get it.  Although I must say your fits are getting fewer.  The smallest things seem to spark them though.  Last night you didn't want your coat or shoes on so we could go to the basketball game.  Although on Monday you had your shoes on when I got home because you thought it was time for gymnastics (Sam basketball).  You have become very particular in your bedtime routine.  You have been insisting on the fan for the last few weeks.  If you feel like you need something that we didn't do before bed you will cry until we come and check on you.  Tonight we forgot to turn the fan on.  Once it was on you were ready for bed.  Silly girl.  You could spend hours being held some days.  It seems like the mornings that I'm trying to rush out of the house you won't let me put you down.  You insist on being held while I make coffee and attempt to get you breakfast.  I must admit I do love those mornings.  The last two mornings I've said my good-bye and gotten hugs and kisses and you've come running frantic needing fives and knuckles.  I don't know where you got that but it is pretty funny.

You are your mother's child when it comes to food.  You could, and sometimes do, survive on carbs and fruit.  You don't love meats but sometimes you'll eat chicken or ground beef.  You don't love texture.  You really don't like any other veggies other than tomatoes and avocados.  You love to drink out of a big cup and you do a pretty good job with it.  I'm hoping some day you'll outgrow your aversions to new foods and start to try different things.

My little ball of energy I can't believe you're two.  I love you clingy legs around my waist when I try to put you down and you insist on "carry you".  I love your nighttime particulars especially your insistence on having the fan on.  I love your sweet tooth.  I love your tenderness with your babies.  I love your dancing before bedtime and your jumping anytime. I love your friendly personality.

Happy Birthday Emmy Lou!
I love you!

No comments: