I was in sixth grade. Well I guess I was also in 7th but oh well... I had my first crush. My friend and I spent many days giggling about that boy and his friend. I remember one occasion where a prank call was made and then we wrote I Love __________ in the snow outside. Oh we were so daring. :-)
I also had a great teacher and spent my last year in elementary school. We were the last 6th grade class to go to our elementary school. The lovely writing on the beautiful purple paper is one example of a weekly assignment we did. I now love to read these to get into my thinking as a 6th grader. I often wrote about getting my seat moved, I guess I talked a lot. At my school in 5th and 6th grade we got to go to outdoor ed.
We always went up to the mountains and it was the greatest 2 to 3 daysof my life at the time. I think it related to my desire to go to summer camp, but swimming always ruined that. I took many pictures of this trip. Paul did point out that I have 3 of the same scenery with my finger in each of them. Ooops.
It has been a while since I had a picture of the girls from summer time water skiing so here we are, missing one, on Christmas. We definitely have reached the awkward teenage years.
One more thing about being 12... I went on my first weekend travel swim meet by myself. Yep, I knew no one. Well not anyone that well. I was invited to be part of the Colorado All Star team and we took a bus to Nebraska, I think, for a weekend meet. I don't remember too much about the actual swimming but I remember having a great time with girls that I met. I also have another memory that relates to being an almost teenage girl but that would be TMI.
No comments:
Post a Comment