The year I was fifteen I did a lot of travelling. As part of the marching band we took a bus trip to St. Louis to compete in a competition. The funny part is I don't remember playing any music but I know we did. There is nothing quite like trying to sleep on an all night bus trip. I'm pretty sure I ended up sleeping on the floor in front of the seat while my friend slept on the seat.
Another memory tied to the band trip is my one and only secret admirer note. I found it in my band locker as we were getting ready to go. I had some thoughts on who it might be but I never did find out. It is such a shame. I would have liked to know.
We did some sightseeing in St. Louis.
We went up the arch. And we went to the zoo.
We went up the arch. And we went to the zoo.
When I was 15 we went to Mexico for Spring Break. This was my second trip out of the United States. (Sometime earlier we went to Seattle and spent a day in Canada. I'm not sure when because the pictures don't have dates.) This was a great trip. I remember iguanas all around the hotel where we stayed. I also remember on one of the first days we were there we went snorkeling and studied the fish chart. Once we were in the water a barracuda came up on us and we swam as fast as we could back to shore. I don't really think that the fish would have done anything but no one was going to be the last one in the water. I remember being very intimidated by the locals when we went into town. I did not enjoy having to haggle over prices. And lastly I remember burning the top of my feet and hardly being able to wear shoes.
The last trip the year I was 15 was to Las Vegas for my cousin's wedding. This was my first trip to Vegas and I don't remember a ton about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment