Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Ages 4-5

Well when I was 4 we moved to New Jersey. I don't have too many memories of living in Colorado before we moved but I start to remember a little bit more in New Jersey. We moved to a house with quite a bit of land. I also remember that my sister eventually got the big room at the end of the hall. She ended up with the big room because when I was 4 my brother was born. The story I hear from my mom is that I loved him until he started walking. Once we moved to the east coast we did a lot of travelling. I know I've been to many neat and interesting places but unfortunately I don't really remember. When I was 4 we went to Hershey Park and NYC during Christmas time. I love this picture of my grandparents and the NYC skyline.

FIVE

I started kindergarten... I helped feeding my brother. And hot air balloons landed in our neighborhood. This actually happened quite a few times but I found a number of pictures from when I was 5. I think this might be why hot air balloons make me feel nostalgic. I've never actually been on one that wasn't tethered to the ground. Once after they landed in our neighborhood they let us ride up a little bit, but we were still attached to the ground. Maybe this could be on the list of things I might want to do for my birthday. I'll add it to a spa day and karaoke. We went to the Ozarks to spend time with family friends. This eventually became a yearly or almost yearly tradition for a while. We would meet some where in the middle of where all the families were living and spend a few days water skiing and just lounging in the water. Every year, I think until the last time we were all together, our parents lined us up according to age. Those pictures will come later. There are 5 of us girls, all of us 9 months apart, except my sister and I. And then came 3 boys about 9 months apart too. We continued to travel around the East Coast. Here is a picture at Assawoman Bay (Is that how you spell it dad?) where we went crabbing.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Ben's dad used to own a company that did hot air balloon rides (or something like that). I have always wanted to go on a ride also...too bad he can't hook that up for us at some point.

keenbliss said...

I love the Ozark picture! Would you believe my dad still has that yellow life jacket, and my boys wear it now? I remember when you guys moved to NJ, I was devastated because Jessica wasn't always around, and at the time Allison was still too young for me to really play with! Can't wait to see us lined up by height... if I remember the pictures were taken when were all in those particularly awkward teenage years. Lovely!

KJ said...

I've never seen a picture of the NJ house! Where are you getting all these good pictures? You should make a picture CD for me or something.

Is that Cindy in the NY Xmas tree pic?

Curtis Jones said...

One of my favorites--you helping Kevin open his mouth.