Age 7
Not much happened when I was 7. At least there weren't a lot of pictures of that year. I have a picture of Gracie the cat
and one of us sledding down the hill next to our house in New Jersey. I do remember sledding on that hill. It was great for sledding. Steep but not too steep and really long. I'm pretty sure we could have lost a lot of teeth going down that hill piled on like this.
This hill stays in my memory for another reason...my first bee sting. I was practicing, like any good first or second grader, stop-drop-and roll. The roll of course happened down the hill. Well... I somehow managed to roll over a bee and got stung. I think my Uncle Larry was visiting at the time and it hurt like crazy.
and one of us sledding down the hill next to our house in New Jersey. I do remember sledding on that hill. It was great for sledding. Steep but not too steep and really long. I'm pretty sure we could have lost a lot of teeth going down that hill piled on like this.
This hill stays in my memory for another reason...my first bee sting. I was practicing, like any good first or second grader, stop-drop-and roll. The roll of course happened down the hill. Well... I somehow managed to roll over a bee and got stung. I think my Uncle Larry was visiting at the time and it hurt like crazy.Age 8
When I was eight we moved from New Jersey back to Colorado. I guess technically I was seven. I'm pretty sure we moved in February. I remember I had my 8 year old birthday party at the skating rink in New Jersey before we left. When I was eight I also started swimming. We had to convince my parents that it was a good idea.
My neighbor and best friend at the time, Nicole, was swimming on a year round team and it sure seemed like a good idea. I've never regretted swimming. I have so many amazing memories from swimming and couldn't replace the friendships I had. I think my body might have a different opinion though. Ten years of repetitive motion does wear on you. And as I approach 30, gulp, I feel it more and more.
My neighbor and best friend at the time, Nicole, was swimming on a year round team and it sure seemed like a good idea. I've never regretted swimming. I have so many amazing memories from swimming and couldn't replace the friendships I had. I think my body might have a different opinion though. Ten years of repetitive motion does wear on you. And as I approach 30, gulp, I feel it more and more.Here is a great picture of my sister, Amanda, at my grandparent's house. You can see my cousin in the background. This is just one of many great pictures of you Amanda. :-)

2 comments:
I love the pants that I am wearing as an outfit? I wonder what the thought was behind that one?
I had an injury on that hill too. Kevin and I were going down on a tube and with the extra weight we went too far and over the curb...I remember when we were in the air he got scared, scooted forward thus slamming my chin into the road. So fun until that moment. At least I didn't lose a tooth!
I think you had on papa's sweat pants, they were sagging and I thought it would be fun to pull them up and snap a pic. And you guys did hit the road several times--it was a goal for you. We moved to Colorado early January in time for you guys to start school. That big tube lasted until a dog bit it at Creekside hill.
Post a Comment